Summertime = sun + fun + relaxation. Maybe you’re enjoying some time away from home or maybe you’re enjoying a “staycation”. Either way, summertime is a good time for certain home maintenance items. For your convenience, we have turned this July home maintenace checklist – printoutso that you can print it out.
If you’re just joining our monthly home maintenance checklist series, you should read up on the monthly home maintenance items.
July Home Maintenance items
We’re right in the middle of summer. With the hot weather that we get here in Sacramento, California, it’s easy to forget that we still have to keep up with our homes. So don’t forget to show your home some love.
- Remove lint from dryer
- One of the leading causes of house fires is from lint build up in the dryer. With the already high temperatures, excessive lint can quickly catch fire in the dryer vent.
- You can use a vacuum cleaner to suction out the lint. Don’t forget to suction from inside the dryer, too!
- Clean kitchen appliances
- By vacuuming refrigerator coils the refrigerator will work more efficiently, which is especially important during hot weather.
- Clean your dishwasher by running an empty cycle with a bowl of vinegar. Don’t forget to clean the gaskets around the door.
- Inspect foundation for drainage issues
- Inspect basement and crawl spaces for moisture
- If there hasn’t been any rain recently and there is moisture in your basement or crawl spaces, then there is a leak somewhere.
- Mulch around shrubs, trees and flowering plants
- If you haven’t already done so or you mulched months ago, right now is the perfect time to mulch. Mulch acts as a protective barrier from the sun for your plants. Think of it as sunscreen for your flowers.