It’s time to Spring Forward and you know what that means? Spring Cleaning! For your convenience, we have turned this March home maintenance checklist into a PDF so you can print it out.
March Home Maintenance items
Got the spring cleaning bug? Even if you don’t, it’s important you keep up with your monthly maintenance to keep your investment sound.
- Perform the monthly home maintenance items.
- Replace or at least check batteries in smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors.
- Deep clean.
- Take one Saturday this month and do a thorough deep cleaning. Why you might ask? Believe it or not, dust, dirt and grime can cause deterioration.
- Some items that often get overlooked during normal cleaning, but are a good idea to clean at least once a year, are: baseboards, ceiling fan blades, mini-blinds, vents, and window screens.
- Clean gutters.
- If you live in Sacramento, then you’re nearly through the rainy season, but those high winds that we get in between storms can clog your gutters. If you recently cleaned them, a quick check will give you some piece of mind.
- Do a rodent check.
- Spring is the prime time for breeding. It’s best to find out you have rodents now before you have a full infestation.
- Check the attic, crawl spaces and don’t forget the garage!
- Inspect your pool fence.
- Before you know it, the weather is going to be warm and now is the best time to make sure that your pool fence is in good working order.